Pastor of Preaching & Pastoral Care
I'm blessed to serve as a pastor at WPGBC. I joined the core team here at West Point Grey in June 2008.
Some of my favourite things:
- I love spending time with my wife and best friend Esther and my two children Anna and Zach. Anytime I can visit with the rest of my family is a rare gift as they are spread around Western Canada, the U.S. and Brazil.
- I find life in anything that includes groups of people, conversation and coffee. I am also an avid sports fan and like jogging the pathways around Pacific Spirit Park. Hiking and kayaking in this spectacular part of God’s creation is life-giving as well. I enjoy listening to jazz and playing the guitar.
- I love serving at a church because I get the opportunity to share life with a community of people, study the Bible and share with others what I am learning. I am passionate to see people receive and live into the hope that they can have through Jesus.
- I have been deeply marked by significant portions of my life spent in Canada, the U.S. and Brazil. I completed my B.A. in Biblical studies in Alberta and a Master’s of Divinity from Regent College in Vancouver. I have served as a minister for 7 years in Red Deer, Alberta and Residential Dean for three years at the Carey Hall dorm at UBC.
- I am discovering that God is bigger than I could ever imagine and more merciful than I could have hoped. He desires to give us all the kind of life that we were created for.
Pastor of Youth & Young Adults
I have had the great priviledge of serving as the Youth & Young Adult Pastor at West Point Grey Baptist Church since 2007. I am a recent grad of the Masters of Divinity program at Regent College and am thrilled about getting to glorify God by serving youth between grades 6 and 12 and their families in the greater Vancouver area. My hope and heart for youth ministry at WPGBC is:
That youth will come to know the God who loves them and what he has done for them in Jesus Christ, that they will grow as disciples of Jesus Christ daily, that they will show others what it means to be a Christian, and that their lives will flow with the deep, deep joy of Christ; all as the Holy Spirit works in their lives.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus" - 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Tuesdays to Thursdays, 10am - 5pm